Join us for a national ceramic outreach project!
National Clay Week Open Studio (NCWOS) is a nationwide event that celebrates clay, community and creativity. Join us on the weekend of October 12 - 14, 2018 for a celebration of clay in all 50 states! Studios all over the country will open their doors for demonstrations, lectures, exhibitions.
-- Save the dates and your dollars so you can take home a new favorite piece!
As a part of NCW 2018 we are going to host a nation wide open studio event. This event is based off the project that The Australian Ceramics Association has been doing for years. NCW will assist you with support materials, advertising, and graphics to help you promote your event. To help offset the cost of these materials we ask that all participants pay a small fee.
This year, in expanding Open Studio, it is our goal to reach out to different communities and share the joy we find working with clay. We would love to have you or your studio participate again this year, by holding a sale, a community day, a lecture, or any other clay related activity. You are welcome to invite other artists to your studio to help host the event but our goal is to reach the public outside of our normal clay community. Building on your input we have created a press packet with a logo/signage, a press release to send to your local media outlet and a few other information sheets to help with the process.
Individual Artists - $20
Art Organizations - $100
Need inspiration for your event?
Consider of the following ideas to engage your community!
1. Hold a Date Night that encourages couples to come work in the studio together.
2. Put on a Clay Olympics to energize your local clay community.
3. Start a sale that allows the public to buy handmade in their local community.
4. Host an Empty Bowls Drive to raise money for a local charity.
5. Put on a demonstration for the public to see clay artists in action.
6. Have a local artist give a lecture about their career in clay.
7. Give a tour of your clay studio.
8. Host an exhibition opening for your community.
9. Plan a kiln opening or kiln firing to coincide with open studio weekend.
The concept for this event was inspired by
the Australian Ceramic Open Studios.
To learn more about their organization and events please visit: http://www.australianceramics.com/acos